The Elgin County Courthouse
St. Thomas, ON
The Elgin County Courthouse was built in 1853 and is one of the oldest county courthouses in Ontario, and a prominent landmark of the city of St. Thomas. In 2014, the building was expanded in order to consolidate the Ontario Court of Justice and the Superior Court of Justice into one facility. The restoration and renovation of this existing heritage building included energy efficient updates, and it was subsequently awarded LEED® Gold by the CGBC.